Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Project Life 2012 - Week Forty Nine

Another week down, and I still LOVE this project. 
I can't believe that there is only 3 more weeks of 2012 to go!

Main Spread, without Extra Inserts

Main Spread, with Extra Inserts

What started off as a pretty quiet week, got really busy by the end of it...love weeks like that, where awesome things to see and do, just pop up!

We started the week with a picnic in the park and a walk to see the Christmas lights with some of Lily's school friends. It was such a great evening and the kids were all really excited (and well behaved!)

One of my good friends had a baby during the week, he was in a bit of a rush and came 5 weeks early, but from all accounts he is doing really well, hopefully I will get to meet him soon.

On Saturday, Lily and I were invited to a surprise birthday party for one of the little girls in Lily's class (the photo in the bottom left is of Lily, Grace and Imogen [the birthday girl] - they are all in the same class at school).

And then on Saturday night I went to Missy Higgins concert at the Fremantle Arts Centre. Up until about 4pm I wasn't even going to the concert, I rang my sister about something else, and she asked me if I wanted to go with her. So glad I did, Missy is an awesome entertainer - it was one of the best concerts I have been to this year!

And, finally on Sunday we went to the local outdoor markets, and while there we went for a ride in a fire engine. The kids even go to have a turn with the water hose!

Back of Insert One & Insert Two
The kids having a go with the water hose, they both loved it so much, and Benji especially didn't want to let go!
I decided to add in one of the Christmas cards I sent out this year, it's actually one half, as we made a mistake when writing it out, so instead of throwing it out, I cut off the bottom part (with the sentiments on it), and put it in the album.

Back of Insert Two
On the back of the card, I just wrote a bit about sending out the cards, and how even Lily used the same ones to hand out to her school friends (we both love Babushka Dolls). The washi tape is how I sealed up the cards I put in the mail, so I wanted to put a little on the card too.

Flip-Up Pocket
Normally when we go to concerts, I usually find some photos online of the concert and include that in my album, but with Missy Higgins' concert, I am very proud to say that I took that photo myself (with my sisters awesome camera). I took a whole heap of photos (over 100), and this one was by far my favourite.


Inside the flip up pocket, I added in our ticket, and a little about the concert, and I also included a photo of my twin sister and I at the concert.

I will be linking up with



2 comments:

  1. I always love how full your weeks are. Great layouts!
    How many albums have you used so far? I seem to be using lots of inserts too and I'm hoping that I don't go through too many albums before I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cerise!
      I have three very full albums for this year, I'm going to have to move some things around because I don't think I will fit the last few weeks into the last album. I'm hoping to find a bit of room in the other two albums, it's not worth buying a fourth album just for a couple of weeks.

      Delete