Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Project Life 2012 - Week Six

Another week done, and more memories recorded!
Still totally LOVING this project!

Once again, I will be linking up with The Mom Creative, once the week 6 blog post goes live, if you haven't already done so, check the Project Life Tuesday blog posts out, so much inspiration!

Main Spread, with extra inserts:

Main Spread, without extra inserts:

Another fairly busy week in our household; Lily started Multisports (an after school sports program at the local sports centre), Benji, Lily and I all had haircuts, then on Saturday Lily had dancing in the morning, we went straight to a birthday party, and then that afternoon Ian and I went to a friends wedding ceremony!

I didn't add a lot of journalling cards this week, instead I chose to put in photos or Facebook screen shots. Ian took a photo of me sitting on the couch with the iPad looking at Project Life Tuesday posts, and I added a screenshot of the Project Life Australia Facebook group.

This week, I also had to speak to Lily's teacher about some bullying that was happening to her - it's not really something that I want on show for everyone to see, but at the same time, I still wanted to have a record of it written down somewhere, so that instax photo of Lily is actually attached to one of the journalling cards that folds in half, and in the middle is the story of what happened.

In the far right journalling card pocket, I kept some of Benji's hair, and sewed it into the pocket. Normally I would feel a little silly asking to keep his hair, but luckily I know the hairdresser!
Sorry for the glare, doesn't matter what time of day I take the photos, I always seem to have at least one photo have glare all over it!

Back Insert 1 & 2
The brochure (including timetable for multisports), and the birthday party invitation.

Back of insert 2 & 3:

On the back of the birthday invitation is  photo of all the girls at the party playing pass-the-parcel, I thought it was a little more interesting to have a shot of the party games, instead of trying to force (ask the girls politely) to pose for a photo.

This is the photo of the girls playing pass-the-parcel, the right way up:
I did trim the photo down slightly, from it's original size of 6x8 - so that it was the exact size of the invitation.

Insert 3, is my 8x10 collage for Take Twelve: February. I really love how the collage turned out, and am so glad that I decided to have a go last month, and join in. Even though I didn't start mine until the 18th January.

Back of insert 3:

I just copied and pasted this blog post into a word document, and printed it out (sans photo)...I'm pretty technically advanced, like that! And yes, I did go back, and re-print this blog post for January's Take Twelve!

The Mom Creative

7 comments:

  1. Awesome job Tamara!! Good on you for doing this, it's just fantastic and your kids will love looking through these special memories one day ;0)
    Hugs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are still enjoying the process, it is awesome, isn't it. Your album is looking great! Smiles from South Africa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Tamara! Your pages look great! So sorry you've had to deal w/bullying. We've been dealing w/that too & it is no fun.

    Hope you have a great week!

    Julie
    http://iamjuju.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute that you kept the little lock of hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great week Tamara. Love the the lock of hair - I will have to do that for Paige.

    Hope you've got the bullying sorted now.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of keeping the lock of hair. Still haven't cut my girls' hair. The first time I will have to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pages! Love all of the inserts you used! Great job!

    Kristina
    www.one-happy-mama.com

    ReplyDelete