Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Some more scrapping

I have been working on a few layouts this week, most of them are for - Scrapability Sketches - this is a great little forum, so make sure you check it out if you're ever lacking inspiration - Bek creates the most amazing sketches, which I find so easy to adapt to suit my style.

First up, this layout was done for the competition which has just started - Scrapability Soup. The basic idea is that every week (or so), we will be given some criteria, whether it be a sketch, a colour combination etc, and we have to create a layout based on that.

This week we were given a sketch: I decided to scrap the very first photo that was ever taken of Lily and her Daddy - she was only minutes old and one of the theatre nurses was kind enough to take it while I was being stitched back up (I had a c/section)


And a detail shot:
I love that fabric flower, I was very lucky to receive it from the super talented Krissy.

Bek has also started a 52 week 52 Challenges type of thing (I have no idea what it's actually called haha), and the first week she gave us the colour combination of; green, blue and orange. Not colours I would normally use, but still I gave it a go, and I was pleasantly surprised by the layout...I actually like it!!

Last year Lily had her very first 'school' photos taken at daycare, so I thought I would finally pull them out and scrap them.


Detail Shot:


Scrapability is also having a DT Callout, so I decided to throw my name in - why not, you gotta be in it to win it!
We were given another awesome sketch to work with -and this is the result. I really love how this layout turned out, it's definitely my favourite one that I have done in a while.


Detail Shots:




xx

3 comments:

  1. Yep those sketches are totally working for you!! LOVE all your recent stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your layouts look fantastic Tamara! The "Butter wouldn't melt" layout is out of this world! Love it! Good luck, I hope you get the DT position! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! I love your layouts! So funky and colourful! And is that a
    Russian Doll button? That has to be the cutest I've ever seen!!! I totally want one! Where did you get it? :)

    ReplyDelete