Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Photo Swap Layout

Last month at Mystical, DT member (and my friend) Christine hosted a photo swap, where everyone would get paired up and swap one photo with their partner and then we had to complete a layout with that photo.

Sounds easy even, right? Well I found it quite daunting as I have never scrapped someone else's photo before, and I was worried that I wouldnt do it justice. Plus I also decided that since Donna's albums are 12x12 that I would do her layout in that size - I cant even remember the last time that I scrapped a 12x12 layout.

I cant share the layout I did for Donna yet, as it is not my child in the photo, so I will need to ask permission first. But here's the layout that Donna did for me (matches nicely with Lily's pink walls, don't you think LOL):


And a detail shot, of that awesome little cluster:

I absolutely LOVE it!!! So different to my style, but that's what makes photo swaps fun. I think that there may be another one starting up soon, so head over to the forum and check it out.

The Crafty Notions spray that has been used on the layout looks amazing, and it's available in the Mystical Store.

And finally, some of you may have noticed my obsession with Babushka Dolls (or Matryoshka Dolls as they are more formally known), well today a very special parcel arrived for me, all the way from Canada:


Aren't they just about the cutest thing you have ever seen!?!
They are little cameo style necklaces, but I plan on making mine (and Lily's) into keyrings, and will do the same for my mum and sister if that's what they want too.

xx

2 comments: